Made to Measure Roman Blinds
Elegant, stylish and practical – our beautifully crafted, high-quality, roman blinds can be created especially for you in any of our fabrics.
Made to Measure Roman Blinds are perfect for any room and work well on all windows, large or small. All our fabrics have suitable weight and composition to be made into beautiful Roman blinds.
You can choose to add a second fabric for the sides and bottom of the blind, or just the bottom only (this border will be clearly visible when the blind in drawn up). There is also a choice of standard lined, interlined, blackout or lined in a second fabric.
HOW TO MEASURE FOR ROMAN BLINDS
We make your blinds to your exact measurements. The type of window you have and where you'll be fixing your blind will determine where you should measure from - we've created a handy little guide which you can follow click here.
How do I calculate the amount of fabric needed to make a roman blind?
Helpful Hints before You Begin Measuring for Roman blinds…
- For the most accurate measurements, only use a steel tape measure.
- Don’t mix up width and height measurements. Always follow the width by height format (W x H) and mark them as such.
- Measure down to the nearest millimetre. Never round up or down to the nearest half or whole centimetre.
- If you’re measuring for more than one window, measure each one individually – never assume that your windows are the same size, even if they may look alike.
You can find a useful video talking you through how to measure up for both curtains and blinds by clicking here.
Our made to measure Roman Blinds UK are supplied with two options...
1) Custom made Roman Blinds with wooden batten with a corded pull. An acorn and 2 blind cord cleats will also be provided free.
2) Quality bespoke Roman Blinds fixed to a rotary chain track with chrome beads.
Both options are available. However, we would advise, due to increased health and safety restrictions, that made to measure Roman Blinds over 1.3m in width and a drop/length of 1.5m or over are ordered on a rotary chain track.
This is because the pressure required to pull up the larger blind tends to cause the safety 'break aways' to pop open as would a child pulling on the cords.
You can choose to have a contrasting border of fabric down two sides and along the bottom; we also offer a contrasting border to the bottom of the blind only.
Please note that this border will be visible when the blind is up. The mechanisms on our quality designer Roman Blinds online come with a 1 year guarantee.
Young children can strangle in the loop of blind pull cords and chains that operate window coverings. New safety regulations BS EN13120 from 28th February 2014; please read and follow the instructions provided with your custom luxury roman blinds and use the safety equipment supplied especially if ordering kids bedroom blinds. If you have any questions, please contact us.
What patterns would you suggest for your roman blind material?
All my fabrics maybe with the exception of the velvets are perfect roman blind material; they are all a suitable weight and composition.
- New Orchard Collection
- Artists' Collection
- Velvet Collection
- Artisan Collection
- Birds and Beasts with Harris Tweed Collection
- Discontinued Fabrics
- Scandinavian Woven Collection
- Bohemian Collection
- Swedish Collection
- Hand Printed Collection
- Plain Linen Union Collection
- Meadow Collection
- Earth Collection
- Sky Collection
- Woodland Collection
- Wildflower Collection
- Cockerel Collection
- Terracotta, Peach & Rust
- Duck Egg
- Dark Coloured
- Whites & Off Whites
- Bird Print
- Butterfly Print
- Chicken Print
- Floral Print
- Leaf Print
- Harris Tweed
- Fruit Print
- Petal print