Spring Decorating Tips
Spring has almost sprung…with the longer days and changing seasons, now is the perfect time to dust away the cobwebs and freshen your home. Here are our top 5 tips to get you started:
- Get some fresh and bright accent cushions (we can make you these through our made to measure service) Put away the winter throws and replace with bright throws on your sofa. Pick out spring-hued vases, fresh spring flowers and bulbs…like the beautiful natural cream ones we sell in our shop from Laura’s Loom.
- Change the runner in your hallway for a fresh, happy alternative. After a long winter of poor weather and lots of use, a new rug will bring a clean, fresh look to your space. Our new Herringbone runner in rose colour is perfect for adding a splash of colour…
- Recover an old chair in a natural linen to lighten up a room. The Little Leaf in Raspberry is a classic design and works well with this Ercol chair.
- Choose a bold, fresh paint colour – maybe try just one wall painted in a strong colour in the same way that you can wallpaper one wall if the pattern is strong; so that it isn’t over bearing. You could even go for a two toned look – we have used Linen Wash 33 and Brighton 203 by the Little Greene Paint Company for a fresh, nautical look.
- Invest in some good lighting – a poorly lit room will look dark and dingy. Try some floor lamps in a neutral colour like the white one below…